Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bible Reading Challenge Week 30 Day 2

Our reading challenge for the day is Psalms 51-55. I’ll hit a few highlights. You make comments too and fill in the gaps. What strikes you as specially significant?

Psalm 51 - How serious is our sin to others? Very serious. David had entered into adultery and murder. Serious indeed. Yet his sin is worse before God. His cry? That God would have mercy on him. Do we consider how serious our sin is before God?

Psalm 52 - All our attempts to hide our motives and actions from the LORD are useless. We should rather look to him as our hiding place.

Psalm 53 - Compare this Psalm with Romans chapter 3. Our failing is dreadful. Let us look to God for help and hope.

Psalm 54 - It is only God who rescues us from our enemies. Who are those enemies? They are the people who reject our God. May he guard us from all evil.

Psalm 55 - When I wish to grow wings and fly away from my troubles I realize that God is my refuge. Was Jesus also betrayed by his friends? Yes. Finally I realize what is wrong with this world. I am. I need to depend on the Lord who will never forsake me.

No comments: