Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time for a research paper! iterum redux

 Today I did a word search through Perseus' Westcott-Hort edition of the Greek New Testament. I gathered searches for all the types of gifts which I had identified, as well as for the words πρεσβύτερος and ἐπίσκοπος, which do not come up in the gift lists but which are clearly words of significance in speaking of work within the Church.

Perseus is a good tool, though it tends to hang up rather a lot. I think I have now gathered enough textual data that I'll have some place to go. So as to make it easier to sort and collate information, I'll probably print off the searches I saved from Perseus. I can then spread them out, make notes on the paper, possibly do some cutting and reorganizing with scissors and the like.

This paper looks like it's going to develop into a good old-fashioned exegesis paper. There's plenty to discuss within the topic.

-- 

Dave Spotts
blogging at http://capnsaltyslongvoyage.blogspot.com


No comments: