Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Genius of Luther's Theology by Kolb and Arand

I haven't been writing much about my extrabiblical reading lately.  I have actually been reading a lot. Here's one I read in the past six months.

Kolb, Robert and Charles P. Arand, The Genius of Luther's Theology. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2008. This text tracks some of the ground-breaking elements of Luther's theology, as he articulated anthropology in terms of being simultaneously just and sinner, at the same time emphasizing the right distinction of the Law and Gospel in all of Scripture.  It's a worthy read.  I didn't mark it up enough to pull quotes or citations from it.  Maybe another time.  It's definitely worth reading again.

--
Dave Spotts
blogging at http://capnsaltyslongvoyage.blogger.com


No comments: