Monday, February 6, 2012

I guess I've got my priorities in an odd place . . .

I guess I've got my priorities in an odd place. Yesterday, when an enormous number of Americans were engaging in one of the biggest holidays of the year, festivities surrounding the Super Bowl, I took the family out for pizza after church, a slightly belated birthday celebration for my now fifteen year old daughter. Our family along with my daughter's guest went home and played a rousing game of Settlers of Catan, then pretty much went our own ways to give all us introverts some time to recharge. Later on, a couple of episodes of Dr. Who, some homemade soup, and some finger foods. Way better, in my opinion, than watching a bunch of people chasing an oblong ball or even than watching the quirky ways people try to market their products on the most expensive television time of the year.

No comments: