Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bible Reading Challenge Week 33 Day 3

Our reading challenge for the day is Psalms 131-135. I’ll hit a few highlights. You make comments too and fill in the gaps. What strikes you as specially significant?

Psalm 131 - I had to read this Psalm slowly a second time. How often I try to involve myself with things too great for me, as if I had great understanding and wisdom! No, it’s time to be like a child before God.

Psalm 132 - David works tirelessly when he is shown that he is the ancestor of the promised king. The LORD has worked since creation to place Jesus, God the Son, on David’s throne.

Psalm 133 - Our unity in the faith is like a holy anointing for the priesthood. This is a very good thing. It is pleasing in the sight of God.

Psalm 134 - As we praise the LORD day and night he blesses us. This gives us all the more reason to continue praising him.

Psalm 135 - The living God who can do whatever he wants has chosen Israel. He who has no obligation to any of us has poured out his love and favor in a great way.

No comments: