Monday, August 27, 2012

Bible Reading Challenge Week 35 Day 1

Our reading challenge for the day is Proverbs 16-20. I’ll hit a few highlights. You make comments too and fill in the gaps. What strikes you as specially significant?

In our reading today I notice the delicate t ension drawn between man’s responsibility and God’s sovereignty. The LORD is responsible for all. He guides every life situation. Yet at the same time people are responsible for their own attitudes and the resulting actions.

Proverbs 18:1 spoke to me. My general desire is to retreat, to isolate myself. But I see here that if I wish to love and serve my neighbor I need to go to that person. The LORD takes even introverted people like me and uses us to care for others. This is wisdom and good judgment.

What specially spoke to you? Why? Tell someone so as to encourage others in the Word of God.

No comments: