Monday, December 30, 2013

Let It Be

Okay, so I've never been a fan of the Beatles. I admit it. But somehow their music is almost ubiquitous. I found myself on hold with a state agency for about an hour today (thanks be to God for a speakerphone I could stick in my pocket while I did other work). The hold music was a terrible midi file of the first two melody legs of "Let It Be." It sounded like one of those horrid musical Christmas cards from twenty years ago. Over, over, over, and over again.

While I was on hold I looked up the lyrics to the song. To summarize my understanding, when I'm in trouble or confused I ask and Mother Mary tells me to let it be. Put up and shut up! Hmm, is this the message the state agency was intending to provide? Maybe so.

I finally got off hold, spoke with an actual human. My hopes rose and then were shattered when he looked something up and said he'd put me on hold and have me talk with someone else. Then after only a short wait I ended up with the person who was able to take care of what I called about.

Glad I didn't just let it be.

No comments: